The best way to make a buyer “feel at home” is to create an environment similar to that found in model homes. Obviously you cannot recreate the feeling of a perfect display home without starting from scratch, but there are some valuable techniques to be learned here.
When walking into a model home you will notice several key points:
- The surroundings are neutral.
- The colors and interior decorating accent the home’s features.
- The smell is new and clean.
- The sound is either quiet or enhanced by subtle background music.
- All details have been taken care of from sight to smell and lawn and entry ways are well cared for and bright and airy.
- Make sure curb appeal is litter and debris free.
- Sweep sidewalks and remove weeds
- Freshly paint front door and fences … WD40 that squeaky gate you’ve been meaning to take care of.
- A quick painting of your mailbox with clear address numbers is an often forgotten first impression.